Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween

 (Me and my bestie circa 1999)

Happy Halloween Everyone!

I know it's tomorrow, but the kids in my neighborhood are making the rounds tonight.

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. Not only do you get to dress up in some amazing outfit that you'd never be able to wear otherwise, but Halloween means it's only a week until my birthday!

In honor of my anticipated post-Halloween candy coma and my birthday, I'm taking a little break. I'm going to spend the next two weeks hitting all the post-Halloween candy sales so I have something to munch while reading The Rebels of Ireland (so I can finally mail it to my dad as promised months ago), Russell Brand's memoir, and maybe even the last third of War and Peace. It's okay, I laughed a little at that last one too.


You should spend the next two weeks doing the following:
  • NOT forgetting about The Mockingbirds and Five Flavors of Dumb (I'll review it when I get back) which come out on the 2nd and 11th, respectively,
  • VOTING, if you're in the States and of age, of course,
  • and trying to beat me to the sales of leftover candy!
See you all in a couple weeks!

3 comments:

Johanna Hummer said...

aww! i love this picture.

Anachronist said...

Have a great time, a break is sometimes needed!

Lawral the Librarian said...

johanna - me too!

anachronist - it is indeed. thanks!