Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In the Middle Reading Challenge

Because I need another challenge like I need a hole in the head.


The O.W.L. is challenging us to read some more middle grade literature, or books for 8-12 year olds. I'm starting a little late, so I won't be eligible for prizes and such, but there are a few middle grade books in my TBR pile and it really wouldn't hurt me to read a few of them.

I'm aiming for the 7th grade level, at least 8 middle grade books this year:
  1. Heck: Where the Bad Kids Go by Dale E. Basye
  2. Once by Morris Gleitzman - I'm counting this one, even though the ARC suggests it for ages 12 and up, as it has won awards internationally for ages 7-9.
  3. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
  4. The Brimstone Key by Derek Benz and J.S. Lewis
  5. The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan 
  6. Stolen by Vivian Vande Velde 
  7. Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
  8. Don't Know Where Don't Know When by Annette Laing
  9. Submarine Outlaw by Philip Roy
  10. Touch Blue by Cynthia Lord
  11. Submarine Outlaw by Philip Roy
  12. The Dead Boys by Royce Buckingham
  13. Journey to Atlantis by Philip Roy
  14. The Kneebone Boy by Ellen Potter
  15. A Different Day A Different Destiny by Annette Laing
  16. Penny Dreadful by Laurel Snyder
  17. Nightshade City by Hilary Wagner
  18. River Odyssey by Philip Roy 
  19. The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall by Mary Downing Hahn 
  20. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan  
  21. Avalanche Dance by Ellen Schwartz

    No comments: